The Document Controller is a key role in our busy admin team. You will maintain project documents. You will ensure that accurate information is distributed through the organisation, on time, and to the people who need it. And you will sort and store electronic and hard copies of documents.
We are looking for a team player who is an enthusiastic self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent communication skills to work in our dynamic design office. The ideal candidate will take pride and ownership of projects they look after and will be ready to help wherever possible.
- Manage and control the drawings and correspondence between the BW project team and external parties such as the client, sub-contractors and designers, ensuring that the latest revisions are administered and distributed promptly
- Maintain, upload and download documents on several Control Data Environment (CDE) document management systems
- Support and train team members in the use of document control systems
- Maintain the document control processes and ensure appropriate storage of hard and soft copy material
- Keep various action and decision logs up to date, which the teams will use frequently
Liaise with project teams to gather any document management updates, deviations, or client-authorised instructions
- Ensure that paperwork is being captured correctly and filtered through to all those necessary
- Perform quality assurance (QA) checks of all technical documentation (documents & drawings) with regards to legibility and numbering of file formats and verification/revision identification, according the official approved document standards set by clients
- Issue transmittals and distribute documentation as per the approved master distribution matrix and project instructions
- Provide input and support on day-to-day issues related to construction document management
- Deal with Requests for Information (RFI’s), etc.
- Experience with programs such as 4 Projects, Conject, Asite, Aconex and Sharepoint is desirable
- Great communication skills are essential
- Well organised and able to stay focused when under pressure
- Able to work with no supervision and on own initiative
- Able to work in a team setting, alongside all levels in the company
- Able to multi-task (essential)
- To start as soon as possible
- Standard business hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- 25 days annual holiday allowance