Bryden Wood is seeking a highly motivated individual with an interest in specialising in BIM. Our integrated design team works across a broad range of sectors and develops innovative building systems and advanced construction methods through detailed design and productisation. Work ranges from concept development to delivery of fabrication level designs for manufacture. Projects vary from traditional architecture to projects which focus on platform based DfMA, complex façade systems, modularisation, and other off-site solutions.
You will work on complex and exciting projects within a multidisciplinary team and liaise with our Creative Technologies, Structural, Civils, and Building Service Engineering teams. Applicants will be expected to work collaboratively in this environment, supporting the Digital Architectural BIM Lead and the needs of the project teams.
The focus of the role will include the following:
- Assist with the management of the Digital Delivery approaches of projects
- Support the implementation of the BIM requirements as defined in the project’s BEP.
- Create the project model templates for use by the project team
- Setup and maintain the project’s federated coordination model/s
- Good knowledge in the use of Revit including, but not limited to, creating view templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedules,
- Good knowledge in creating parametric Revit families (BIM Content)
- Experience in working with internal and external information from coordination point of view and demonstration of working with live Structural and MEP linked models
- Experience working with ISO19650-1:2018 and ISO19650-2:2018 (formerly BS1192:2007+A2:2016 and PAS1192-2:2013 respectively)
- Experience in producing models and drawing packages from concept to completion
- Positive / proactive / self-motivated
- Basic understanding of structural and/or MEP systems
- Knowledge of construction, fabrication, or manufacturing
- Report preparation and model visualisation
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Willingness to work and learn beyond your discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and mastery of the English language
- Minimum 4 years working in Revit
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge/use of Dynamo and or C#
- Experience using Adobe suite, Solidworks and Solibri or a willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Experience using any of the following software: Navisworks, Inventor, CATIA, Grasshopper, Microsoft Office Suite, Programming Languages
Experience and Education:
- Experience of 4 years working in either a design office or within the construction industry.
Bryden Wood offers a variety of company benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Pension scheme matched up to 5% of your salary
- Private healthcare insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
No recruiters or agencies.