Bryden Wood is an exciting and dynamic place to work. Due to an increasing work profile we have the need for a business support executive to support the company across a number of key areas.
The role reports directly to the board of directors where you will be required to perform key duties, which include:
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of commenting on client appointment documents
- Prepare clear and concise information (from our Union Square database), for the board on topics such as key project and business performance
- Monitor KPIs at project and business level elevating concerns to the directors.
- Liaison with the company’s insurance company to negotiate premiums and discuss/agree policy coverage
- Support the financial team to prepare, distribute and communicate with clients for billing
The role is diverse and will ideally suit a person who thrives on learning new skills and challenging themselves and others to grow. Knowledge of the construction industry would benefit but is not essential.
The following are key qualifications that would be required of the successful candidate:
- Use of databases to prepare key information sets
- Knowledge of construction contracts and appointments
- Management and support of a growing and diverse team
- Hunger to learn new skills; an innovative thinker
- Proactive and self-motivating
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Undertake review and negotiation of appointment terms with our Clients behalf of the Project Directors.
- Liaison where necessary with PI insurers and Legal support where particularly onerous of unique appointment terms are proposed.
- Lead the administration of contracts so ensure compliance with appointment terms. This will include processes for payment applications, contract notifications (EWN,NCE etc) and program updates.
- Ensure any specialist sub-contract designers are appointed correctly and that purchase orders and payments are correctly tracked using our Project Accounts system (Union Square).
- Produce monthly reports for Project Directors and Project Managers, showing KPI’s for project control and commercial aspects of all projects.
- Ensure new projects are correctly set up and work with the Project Director/PM to resolve any commercial issues.
- Manage the Project Accounts team to ensure projects are correctly set up and administered to include:
- Finance company
- Project Director and key contacts
- Billing client
- Purchase order (Sales order in USQ) is correctly entered and allocated against the project
- Fee schedule
- Resource schedule
- Timesheets correctly allocated
- Invoices/applications issues and tracked
- Sub-contractor Purchase orders administered
- USQ features maintained as required
- New starters entered and trained on use of USQ
- Ensure discipline teams are maintaining resource plans/recruitment strategy
- Create RAG sheet reports from USQ data