Reporting to Director(s), as Associate Director you will be responsible for operational delivery, enhancing the quality of our service offerings, growing revenues, executing the company strategy and managing the performance of your team.
You will have a full understanding of the company culture, our business plans and objectives; and will earn and keep the respect of both clients and colleagues, by demonstrating key management and personal skills and attributes
- Inspire your team with a clear vision and purpose and lead by example
- Ownership of relationships and projects
- Deliver design projects successfully, maintaining high standards in all areas at all times
- Support senior management by taking on duties as agreed with the Director(s) and providing reports requested by Directors
- Develop the strategic direction of the company and secure appropriate streams of income
- Work closely with other Associate Directors in sharing information, knowledge, strategies and successes
- Appropriate administration, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison
- Encourage awareness and enforce compliance with company standards and procedures, including health & safety
- Manage and control resources and fees on projects to ensure quality, accuracy and effective and timely delivery
- In conjunction with Director(s), encourage a continuing professional and personal development and coaching culture within the team to ensure skill sets and abilities are at the right level to achieve personal and company objectives
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities, performance and development plans/achievements in your team, within agreed timescales
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate direct reporting staff according to company procedures, policy and employment law, in conjunction with HR
- Implement quality management strategy and plans within your team, including resourcing and timescales, to support, contribute to, and integrate the team within, the company’s long-term strategy
- Promote the standards required by our internal quality management systems
- Improve standards and quality of designs by providing advice and technical support to the team to achieve successful design and delivery of projects
- Contribute to the design and delivery of projects that are under the direction of other senior colleagues
- Take responsibility for specific areas of design and project development
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, clients and other third parties
- Prepare and develop calculations, analysis, details, models, reports, schematics, specifications and layout drawings, etc.
Track and report on a monthly basis:
- Team project resource costs (in conjunction with the Team Leader)
- Sales ledger debtors, projected fee income and any project issues that may affect invoicing or our PI policy
- Monthly fee drawdown activity and additional fees
- Prospects/sales activity.
- Contribute to, and assist in compiling, fee bids for the firm
- Plan and implement sales and client retention
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients, build on existing relationships and develop new areas of activity
- Progress and respond to sales opportunities and pursue leads.
- Able to work with all areas of the company and effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- An effective team player and creative thinker
- Able to think strategically and act tactically and efficiently
- Well-developed engineering skills and proven ability to understand and formulate design decisions.
- Evidence of business development
- Experience of providing leadership, supervision and support to colleagues
- Sound financial acumen
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the key sectors in which we operate
- Demonstrable ability to lead and motivate others
- Interested in people, not only tasks
- Good negotiation, influencing and verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Able to liaise confidentially with other professionals
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to understand complex situations quickly
- Organisational and decision making skills
- Creative and resourceful in problem solving
- Personable, approachable and flexible
- Chartered Member of CIBSE or equivalent.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. We may require you to carry out additional duties within the company, so a flexible working approach is necessary.