Are you a Mechanical Engineer / MEP Modelling Technician with a background in design looking to join a leading multi-disciplinary design consultancy? Then this could be the role for you.
We are seeking Mechanical Engineers / MEP Modelling Technicians with a strong background in Engineering & 3D Modelling to join our MEP Systemisation team in London to support a number of key projects.
As part of our established MEP Department, you will join the MEP Systemisation team.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Producing a coordinated detailed design for key elements using tools such as Autodesk Revit for more generic elements or SolidWorks / Fusion 360 for more complex components.
- Be a team player and work collaboratively with design and construction colleagues to input into multidisciplinary schemes for our clients;
- Delivering outline and detailed design work across several projects, with an emphasis on product development, systemisation and integration of key elements of design within the delivery framework;
- Delivering drawn information, 3D models & presentation material in the appropriate format, in line with the project timescales.
- Ensure quality control and adherence to company policies, standards and processes;
The role calls for the following requirements:
- Robust knowledge of Building Services design and experience of services full co-ordination;
- Excellent working knowledge of Autodesk Revit with proven experience, ideally having worked on major design projects;
- Knowledge of SolidWorks / Inventor / Fusion 360 is highly desirable;
- Complimentary experience of Autodesk AutoCAD would also be beneficial as would hands on use of Navisworks;
- Understanding and communicating the principles of BIM;
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to plan strategically, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way to support the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and abroad for project related work.
- Interested in developing design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines would be advantageous;
- Technical report writing would be advantageous;
At Bryden Wood we reduce risk and increase value. For over 20 years we have been analysing complexity and looking for ways to understand and simplify it. This philosophy is why we have led the industry’s adoption of Offsite and advanced construction techniques. Looking to the future, we are finding new ways to apply this thinking to deal with complexity across all types of construction schemes and design in lower risk and increased efficiency.
Choosing to work for Bryden Wood will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time and be part of a revolution that redefines the status quo of the construction industry.