Bryden Wood are currently recruiting for a Part-Time (3 Days a week) Assistant CDM Advisor to provide support to the Principal Designer across numerous projects covering the pharmaceutical, healthcare, aviation and commercial sectors to name a few.
The main duties will include:
- Support of the Principal Designer role in line with the Construction Design (Management) 2015 regulations
- Acting as the interface between, and liaising with the client and design teams, principle contractors and other relevant duty holders to ensure Pre Construction Information is maintained up to date
- Assisting in the preparation of reports under guidance from Principal Designer
- Reviewing received information to inform the PCI and H&S file from various parties and recording within the appropriate filing system
- Day to day maintenance of the Pre-Construction Information and Health &Safety file
- Maintaining communications with the project and client team other key stakeholders
The role will require the applicant to possess good communication and organizational skills with the ability to self-manage and demonstrate a pro-active approach.
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations and implantation
- An understanding of the responsibilities of the Principal Designer, Designer and Client role under CDM 2015 regulations
- Knowledge of Construction Health & Safety legislation and Health and Safety at work act
- Self-managed, organised with ability to prioritise own workload effectively, multitasking and co-ordinate activities
- Pro-active approach to problem solving
- Work under the guidance of the Principal Designer to review information, produce reports updates and communicate with relevant parties
- Maintain records and produce information following Bryden Wood standards and procedures
- Understanding of ISO14001 and ISO9001
- Have effective communication skills, with the ability to work well and build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to research, gather, analyse, collate and present information as required.
- High competency using Microsoft office products, in particular Excel and Word.
- Organise and maintain relevant meeting schedules as deemed required on a project by project basis
- A sound background supported by previous experience working within the UK construction industry with proven experience.
Candidates will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position within the construction industry
- Graduate or Technical member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- A sound understanding of the design process and the role of risk reduction
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Personable and approachable
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage and demonstrate a pro-active approach
- Hold a professional qualification in a design or engineering discipline
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is required.
Please apply with cover letter and CV
No recruiters or agencies