We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable civil CAD technician to work in the exciting and fast-paced design environment of our central London office, you will be part of a growing team within a company at the forefront of innovation of the construction industry.
The ideal candidate would have a strong ability to use AutoCAD and a general understanding of civil engineering principles. Experience using Civil 3D, Revit, and familiarity of BIM desirable but not essential, although an active interest in learning is required.
Essential technical skills:
- Excellent ability to use Autodesk AutoCAD and familiarity of all features of the software required in the drawing of civil elements.
- Good experience drawing civil items including below ground drainage, external works, roads, ground works and below ground utilities; and an appreciation of the technical design requirements.
- Highly organised systematic approach to drawing; including the naming of layers, positioning of models, and a rigorous approach to standardised aesthetics.
- Ability to think in three-dimensions and make judgements on coordination without relying on engineering input.
- Ability to take the initiative in developing quality systems to ensure that information produced to a consistently high standard.
- A proactive approach to coordination of interfaces with other disciplines.
- Experience preparing S104 (sewer adoption) and S278 (works to existing highways) drawings.
Essential other skills:
- Proactive approach to responsibilities and enthusiasm for high quality design and design production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or to self-motivate when working more independently.
- Excellent communications skills in English both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time effectively to deliver information at agreed dates.
- Experience using Autodesk Civil 3D and Revit desirable but not essential, an open mind and enthusiasm to learn is expected.
- Some familiarity of BIM and the related process a strong plus as all information production will be compliant with ISO 19650 (formerly PAS and BS 1192) and the internal Bryden Wood BIM standards.
- Familiarity of working with IFC, COBie and Uniclass.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Experience and Educational background:
Appropriate level of experience working in a design office, predominantly performing the role of a civil CAD technician using AutoCAD.