We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable civil CAD technician to work in the exciting and fast-paced design environment of our Barcelona office, you will be part of a growing team within a company at the forefront of innovation of the construction industry.
The ideal candidate would have strong AutoCAD abilities and a general understanding of civil engineering principles. Experience using Civil 3d, Revit, and familiarity of BIM desirable but not essential, although an active interest in learning is required.
You will be based in our Barcelona office but will work under the guidance of our civil engineering team whose members work remotely between our London and Barcelona offices. From time to time, you will be required to travel to London, UK.
Essential technical skills:
- Excellent ability to use Autodesk AutoCAD and familiarity of all features of the software required in the drawing of civil elements.
- Good experience drawing civil items including below ground drainage, external works, roads, ground works and below ground utilities; and an appreciation of the technical design requirements.
- Highly organised systematic approach to drawing; including the naming of layers, positioning of models, and a rigorous approach to standardised aesthetics.
- Ability to think in three-dimensions and make judgements on coordination without relying on engineering input.
- Ability to take the initiative in developing quality systems to ensure that information produced to a consistently high standard.
- A proactive approach to coordination of interfaces with other disciplines.
- Experience preparing S104 (sewer adoption) and S278 (works to existing highways) drawings.
Essential other skills:
- Proactive approach to responsibilities and enthusiasm for high quality design and design production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or to self-motivate when working more independently.
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time effectively to deliver information at agreed dates.
- Experience using Autodesk Civil 3d and Revit desirable but not essential, an open mind and enthusiasm to learn is expected.
- Some familiarity of BIM and the related process a strong plus as all information production will be compliant with ISO 19650 (formerly PAS and BS 1192) and the internal Bryden Wood BIM standards.
- Familiarity of working with IFC, COBie and Uniclass.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Experience and Educational background:
Experience of 2-5 years working in a design office predominantly performing the role of a civil CAD technician using AutoCAD.
No recruiters or agencies.