We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable engineer to join our exciting and fast-paced design team at Bryden Wood.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and modelling civil systems by working collaboratively with the many other disciplines at Bryden Wood.
You will be expected to be able to successfully manage and produce designs independently for simple projects, and under supervision for complex projects.
- Good technical understanding of developing solutions for civil engineering problems including drainage, utilities, pavements, roads, earthworks and flood risk
- Proficiency in (and enthusiasm for) design and modelling software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and hydraulic modelling software such as MicroDrainage
- Experience with approval processes including S104 sewer adoption and S278 works in the public highway
- Knowledge of BIM and Revit is beneficial but not necessary. A willingness to learn is essential
- Good knowledge of UK design codes and standards including Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Demonstrable experience of working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry with exposure to a variety of project sizes, stages and industries, this typically takes 2-5 years to achieve
- Have a relevant Civil Engineering degree from a recognised institution (Master’s preferred but not essential)
- Able to lead engagements with stakeholders including local councils, Building Control, the Environment Agency and utility providers
- Enthusiastic about innovating within the construction industry to improve sustainability, health and safety, and productivity
- Highly effective and efficient problem-solver who takes an organised and systematic approach to solving design problems
- Genuine enthusiasm for engineering design and modelling
- Willing to work within a challenging design environment
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with a wide range of professionals, at any level internal and external to the company
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Eligible to work in the UK over the long term.
- Paid professional membership
- ICE accredited Training and Development Scheme and dedicated mentor for chartership aspirations
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Contract based on a 37.5 hour week.
- Industry competitive salary
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)