We are looking for an ambitious and highly capable engineer to join our exciting and fast-paced design team at Bryden Wood.
As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and modelling civil systems by working collaboratively with the many other disciplines at Bryden Wood.
- Good starting technical understanding of developing solutions for civil engineering problems including drainage, utilities, pavements, roads, earthworks and flood risk
- Proficiency in (and enthusiasm for) design and modelling software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and hydraulic modelling software such as MicroDrainage
- Working knowledge of approval processes including S104 sewer adoption and S278 works in the public highway
- Knowledge of BIM and Revit is beneficial but not necessary. A willingness to learn is essential
- Good knowledge of UK design codes and standards including Eurocodes, British Standards and Building Regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Demonstrable experience of working within project teams with exposure to a variety of challenges, this does not necessarily need to be from direct work within the industry although some experience is preferred
- Have a minimum of an upper-second class honours Civil Engineering degree from a recognised institution (Master’s preferred but not essential)
- Able to contribute towards engagements with stakeholders including local councils, Building Control, the Environment Agency and utility providers
- Enthusiastic about innovating within the construction industry to improve sustainability, health and safety, and productivity
- Highly effective and efficient problem-solver who takes an organised and systematic approach to solving design problems
- Genuine enthusiasm for engineering design and modelling
- Willing to work within a challenging design environment
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with a wide range of professionals, at any level internal and external to the company
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Eligible to work in the UK over the long term.
- Paid professional membership
- ICE accredited Training and Development Scheme and dedicated mentor for chartership aspirations
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Contract based on a 37.5 hour week.
- Industry competitive salary
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)