We’re looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team in Milan.
Reporting to Associate(s)/Associate Director(s) or Director(s), you will be responsible for the operational delivery of projects and ensuring a high standard of engineering, in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
The role requires the Senior Engineer to be a strong team player, a professional with a proven ability to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently.
As a Senior Engineer, your role will include effective internal communications, administration and project co-ordination. Quality of delivery will be key to your role, targeting client care.
- Manage and co-ordinate projects to meet all required deadlines
- Undertake engineering activities as required and, where appropriate, act as Design Team Leader
- Implement and comply with quality management plans to support and contribute to the company’s long-term strategy
- Inform, communicate, and promote the standards within our internal quality management systems
- Continually improve standards and quality of designs to achieve successful design and delivery of projects
- Act as Job Runner when required
- Support the management of the company by taking on duties as agreed with the Associate/Associate Director or Director and to provide any reports required
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure effective communications
- Appropriate project administration, monitoring, reporting and communication
- Input into project programmes to allow senior staff to resource projects adequately
- Contribute to the design and delivery of projects under the direction of senior staff
- Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development for delivery
- Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and business and organisational development
- Organise design team working meetings as required to maintain project delivery and to aid interdisciplinary communication
- Attendance at relevant internal CPD seminars to further own learning
- Have a sound understanding for the need of project specific Designers Risk Assessments being able to produce these for both CDM and project risks
- Understand the basis of the fee for the project
- Advise on any duties over and above the agreed fee basis on projects that you are involved in
- Monthly reporting
- Good understanding of all appropriate technical software applications
- Client satisfaction and repeat business
- Commitment to professional development for yourself and less experienced members of the team.
- Recognise contribution under latest CDM regulations and inform clients of their duties.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work with all areas of the Practice and effectively communicate cross-functionally and internationally
- Well-developed engineering skills
- Ability to understand, formulate and communicate design decisions
- Experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector of clients and projects
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Creative and resourceful in problem solving
- Personable, approachable, and flexible
- Client focused to generate satisfaction and repeat business
- Good understanding of the construction industry
- Demonstrable success in contributing towards team targets
- Successful design and delivery of projects under your control
- Understanding of project fees
- Ability to act as Lead Coordinator within your discipline
- A demonstrable keenness to increase your profile in the industry.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be exhaustive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is required.