Reporting to Associate(s)/Associate Director(s) or Director(s), you will be responsible for operational delivery of projects and ensuring a high standard of engineering in accordance with the companies’ standards and procedures.
The role requires the Senior Engineer to be a strong team player and be a professional with a proven ability to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently.
An understanding of the company’s culture and core values must be embraced and an understanding of the company’s business plan and objectives.
- Manage and co-ordinate projects to achieve all deadlines required.
- Undertake engineering activities as required and where appropriate act as Design Team Leader.
- Implement and comply with quality management plans to support and contribute to the firms long term strategy.
- Continually improve standards and quality of designs to achieve successful design and delivery of projects.
- Support the management of the Practice by taking on duties as agreed with the Associate/Associate Director or Director and to provide any reports required in a timely fashion.
- Appropriate project administration, monitoring, reporting and communication.
- Input into project programmes to allow senior staff to resource projects adequately.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of projects under the direction of senior staff.
- Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development for delivery.
- Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and business and organisational development.
- Organise design team working meetings as required to maintain project delivery and to aid interdisciplinary communication.
- Attendance to the relevant internal CPD seminars to further own learning.
- Have a sound understanding for the need of project specific Designers Risk Assessments being able to produce these for both CDM and project risks.
- Understand the basis of the fee for the project.
Senior Engineers will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to work with all areas of the Practice and effectively communicate cross functionally is essential
- Well-developed engineering skills
- Ability to understand and formulate design decisions
- Experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector of clients and projects
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Creative and resourceful in problem solving
- Personable, approachable and flexible
- Good understanding of all appropriate technical software applications
- Client focused to generate satisfaction and repeat business
- Successful design and delivery of projects under your control
- Monthly reporting
- Client satisfaction and repeat business
- Commitment to professional development for self and less experienced members of the team
- Understanding of project fees on projects involved in
- Ability to act as Lead Coordinator within your discipline
- Demonstrate a keenness to increase profile in the industry
- Recognise contribution under latest CDM regulations and inform clients of their duties
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is required