Bryden Wood are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Structural Engineer to join the expanding C&S team within our London office.
The role will involve close management and guidance of graduate and intermediate engineers together with reporting to senior members of staff and liaison with clients to deliver projects from inception to completion.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a great communicator, currently operating in a senior position. The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience and be chartered or working towards chartered status with either the ICE or the IStructE.
- Strong technical design capability with all the usual structural materials
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with Eurocodes.
- Ability to plan and coordinate work to achieve deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and program resource requirements to achieve project delivery on time
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with a technical and non-technical audience
- Knowledge of project financial controls, monitoring and reporting
- Experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector and projects
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project Design Risk Assessments to identify both CDM and Project risks and the role of the Designer under CDM 2015
- Experience in running project design teams
- Good cross disciplinary knowledge
- Development of strong relationships with the internal teams with a view to working collaboratively
- Good engineering knowledge and attention to detail
- Experienced in QA / IMS procedures
- Implement company policy and contribute to continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and management of staff and ensure effective communication to all staff reporting to you
- Understanding in market trends and developments
- Implementation of continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
- A good understanding of the principles of BIM.
- Knowledge of Revit Structure beneficial but not necessary.
- Experienced with using design software such as Autodesk Robot, Tekla Structural Designer or ETABS would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
Experience and Educational background:
- Experience of 4 - 6 years working in either a design office or within the construction industry, with a minimum of four years within the UK
- A relevant Civil/Structural Engineering degree, Master’s desired but not essential
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers/Institute of Structural Engineers or close to achieving chartership