Bryden Wood’s ambition is to advance the built environment, through design innovation and construction methods, has been at the heart of our ethos. Our talented team brings together architects, engineers and product designers, together with BIM modellers, building analysts and mathematical modellers at our central London office.
This opportunity will offer the chance to work on some fantastic project throughout Europe. The sectors will include aviation, leisure facilities, residential, mixed use development, pharmaceutical and many more.
The primary initial role is to work on large prestigious precast projects in the UK, some of them with precast façade with large bespoke panels, some of them with precast structure and some with both. Our role for the façade aspect is to develop a panelisation concept from architectural intent, carry out the detailed structural design for panels and bracketry, develop detailed coordination and fabrication models, and sometimes also do the final drawings with reinforcement schedules and where applicable stone and brick slip schedules. This is not done in a traditional CAD way but all in an automatized BIM environment in Revit with different Dynamo scripts, Revit Apps, Revit API, etc. which are developed in-house to meet the individual project needs. We are also responsible to develop the technical architectural interfaces of the façade e.g. thermal assessments, acoustics etc.
We closely work with precast factories involving mockups, tests etc. and give production and site support.
Depending on the size of the project, the successful candidates would work in a team of 1-8 Revit technician/engineers ideally carrying out as many of the above-mentioned tasks her/himself (i.e. all Revit/BIM aspects, the related structural design and façade detailing), reporting to a Senior Engineer and/or BIM Lead on the project.
The successful candidates would also work as structural engineer and/or Revit technician on other building and infrastructure projects.
The structural Revit technician/engineer should have experience in one of the following, as well as interest and commitment to study in the other area:
- Structural design in concrete (preferably precast) and reinforcement detailing.
- Detailed Façade design and detailing (thermal analysis, insultation, vapour barrier etc).
The senior structural Revit technician/engineer should hold a university degree in civil/structural engineering, architecture or similar with a minimum of 4 years’ experience of using Autodesk Revit 2016 or above on design/construction projects. More senior roles for more experienced candidates are possible.
- Maintaining project-specific library of families and develop new families as required along with other project-specific contents
- Creating schedules for quantities and produce construction sequences
- Carrying out model auditing to ensure all models complied with Bryden Wood/Project requirements
- Ensuring Project’s BEP is up to date with all projects changes prior issuing the BIM models
- Assist the BIM Manager and BIM coordinators with BIM related tasks
- Working with project teams to develop and implement project-specific BIM workflows, BIM Execution Plan and data management
- Working with Engineers and liaise with internal and external project team to produce structural information modelling and drawing production on projects.
- Taking responsibility for the production and delivery of structural information for specific areas of the design and project development
- Assisting in the organisation and coordination of the structural design team as needed to successfully deliver projects
- Preparing and developing structural drawings, BIM models, images and other documents relating to the design
- Having thorough knowledge of and comply with Bryden Wood procedures and BIM standards
- Mentor and provide support for junior and intermediate Revit technicians
- Experience in other modelling software such as Solidworks, Tekla, Allplan, Civils 3D etc. are an advantage but not a must.
- Experience with Dynamo, Grasshopper etc. are an advantage. An interest and self-motivation to study and learn is required.
- A will to develop an understanding of other disciplines for coordination is a requirement. Some previous experience is an advantage.
- Previous experience in precast factory or on site in addition to design activities would be an advantage.
- Good understanding and creation of complex parametric Revit families (BIM Content)
- Good understanding and experience working with templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedule, 3D rebar and rebar schedule
- Experience working with internal and external information from coordination point of view and demonstration of working with live Architectural and MEP linked models
- Experience working with coordination review tools such as Navisworks, Solibri, Tekla BIMsight
- Knowledge of Clash Detection, and 4D BIM Scheduling
- Experience and clear understanding of Projects Geolocation Setting out, implementation and use of shared coordinates, publishing coordinates, managing site models, etc
- Use or understanding NBS standards
- Knowledge and/or experience with working with IFC file formats and COBie standards
- Good knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD
Senior Revit Technician will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Flexible attitude
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is required.