Reporting to Associate(s)/Associate Director(s) or Director(s), you are responsible for operational delivery of projects and ensuring a high standard of engineering in accordance with the companies’ standards and procedures.
The role requires the Senior Engineer to be a strong team player, a professional with proven ability to think creatively and act tactically and efficiently.
As a Senior Engineer your role will include effective internal communications, administration and project co-ordination. Quality of delivery will be key to your role, targeting client care.
- Manage and co-ordinate projects to achieve all deadlines required
- Undertake engineering activities as required and where appropriate act as Design Team Leader
- Implement and comply with quality management plans to support and contribute to the company’s long term strategy
- Inform, communicate and promote the standards created and required within our internal quality management systems
- Continually improve standards and quality of designs to achieve successful design and delivery of projects
- Act as Job Runner when required
- Support the management of the Practice by taking on duties as agreed with the Associate/Associate Director or Director and to provide any reports required in a timely fashion
- Work closely with other members of the Team to ensure effective communications
- Appropriate project administration, monitoring, reporting and communication
- Input into project programmes to allow senior staff to resource projects adequately
- Contribute to the design and delivery of projects under the direction of senior staff
- Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development for delivery.
- Willing to embrace the company culture and core values, and develop a good understanding of the company’s business plan and objectives.
- Able to work with all areas of the Practice and effectively communicate cross-functionally and internationally
- Well developed engineering skills
- Able to understand, formulate and communicate design decisions
- Experience of working at a senior level across a wide sector of clients and projects
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills
- Integrity and commitment to service
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Creative and resourceful in problem solving
- Personable, approachable, and flexible
- Good understanding of all appropriate technical software applications
- Client focused to generate satisfaction and repeat business
- Good understanding of the construction industry
- Demonstrable success in contributing towards Team targets
- Successful design and delivery of projects under your control
- Communication across the team
- Monthly reporting
- Committed to professional development for yourself and less experienced members of the team
- Understanding of project fees on projects involved in
- Able to act as Lead Coordinator within your discipline
- Demonstrate a keenness to increase profile in the industry
- Recognise contribution under latest CDM regulations and inform clients of their duties.
This description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties within the company may be required and as such a flexible working approach is necessary.