Bryden Wood are currently seeking to recruit a ‘Steelwork Fabrication Detailer’ to join the expanding Systemisation team in the Barcelona office.
The systemisation team develops innovative building systems and advanced construction methods through detailed design and productisation. Work ranges from concept development to delivery of fabrication level designs for manufacture. Projects vary across a broad range of sectors with a focus on DfMA, systems, modularisation, and other off-site solutions. Our team also supports the development and delivery of fabrication detailing.
Educational and Experience Background:
- A university degree in ‘Structural Engineering’ OR relative work experience. (Alternatively, an individual with relevant working experience will be considered)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the DfMA detailing of structural steelwork.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience using Autodesk Revit on design/construction projects
- Good knowledge in using and creating view templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedules, 3D rebar and rebar schedules
- Good knowledge in creating parametric Revit families (BIM Content)
- Knowledge working with internal and external information from coordination point of view and demonstration of working with live Architectural and MEP linked models
- Experience working in a small group of BIM Technicians to produce models and drawing packages from concept to completion
- A will to develop an understanding of other disciplines for coordination is a requirement
- Knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD
- Knowledge in other modelling software such as Solidworks, Civils 3D, etc
- Knowledge working with Navisworks to produce clash detection, simulation, quantification and coordination.
- Knowledge in automation tools such as Dynamo, Grasshopper, Python, etc
- Knowledge working with IFC, COBie and Uniclass
- Knowledge working with NBS standards
- Working with Engineers and liaising with the internal and external project team to produce structural models and drawings
- Production of stage 4 fabrication level detailed drawing packages
- Planning own work and the necessary resources to meet deadlines
- Creating schedules of quantities and produce construction sequences
- Working with project teams to develop and implement project-specific BIM workflows, BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and data management
- Ensuring Project’s BEP is up to date with all project changes prior to issuing the BIM models
- Carrying out drawings and models auditing to ensure it is compliant with Bryden Wood’s BIM standards/project requirements
- Maintaining project-specific library of families and develop new families as required along with other project-specific contents
- Assisting in the organisation and coordination of the structural design team as needed to successfully deliver projects
- Excellent communications skills in English both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated to study and learn and able to take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to build good relationships at all levels
- Flexible attitude
The successful applicant will primarily work in the Barcelona systemisation team but will need to closely work with our London team.
Regular travel to London and other UK locations required, e.g. 2days/1night every 2 weeks.
No recruiters or agencies.