Bryden Wood are looking for highly motivated and skilled applicants with a background in façades and cladding systems. We are expanding our capacity and capability to push the boundaries of off-site manufacturing and DfMA design in the construction industry. Our goal is to develop our industry-leading reputation and to move the industry toward integrated manufacturing and productised solutions.
Successful applicants will have considerable experience in the construction industry related to cladding and facades, ideally including some manufacturing and design experience. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and currently operating with a design, construction or manufacturing organisation in a senior design or management position.
The role will involve working on a variety of projects, working within our diverse team of Engineers, Architects, Product Designers, and Technicians to develop novel design solutions and advanced construction methods.
- Strong knowledge of architectural façade and cladding detailing
- Strong knowledge of constructions methods, processes, and codes
- Knowledge of thermal performance design of facades and cladding
- Knowledge of fire codes and performance of facades and cladding
- Knowledge of fabrication or manufacturing process and practices
- Ability to achieve full technical compliance in detailing, analysis and reports (e.g. thermal, condensation, acoustic, fire, weather tightness etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Key interest in technical design and details
- Experience developing or checking detailed drawing packages
- Parametric modelling
- A good understanding of the principles of BIM
- Data analysis and visualisation considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and mastery of the English language
- Ability to lead design teams and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Positive / Proactive / self-starting
- Experienced using design software, including at least one of the following (with a will to learn the other): Revit, SolidWorks
- Experience using software any of the following considered an asset: Navisworks, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Tekla Structural Designer, Adobe Suite, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite, Programming Languages
Experience and Education Background
- Extensive experience working in either a design office or within the construction or manufacturing industry focused primarily on facades and cladding. Positions of varying levels of experience are available.
- Masters in Architecture, Masters in Structural or Mechanical Engineering, or Degree in Industrial Design preferred but not necessary